Saturday, December 1, 2007

Hair

I quite enjoyed This little piece about women embracing their physical imperfections, but I noticed that there wasn’t one who said, “I embrace my extra facial/body hair.” I am one hairy mother. We are talking serious bush here. And I am okay with that on most the other parts of my body… but my face?!? What was god thinking? While I do have some persistent lingering insecurities about other aspects of my physical appearance (it is an extraordinary feat in our culture to not have) on the whole I am so much more at peace with my body than in times past… however those dark hairs that sprout in patches on my chin and over my lip humiliates me to no end. I love Frida Kahlo, but I just don’t have what it takes. Every couple of weeks I pay someone to rip out these offending hair follicles with hot wax. And someday I’d like to laser those suckers out of existence.
On the positive side, I do have a great head of hair.
Just counting my blessings.

No comments: