Wednesday, October 1, 2008

insomnia...

When I lie in bed and all the wheels are still spinning with no sign of slowing down. And poor hubby sleeps on while his wife crawls in and out of bed trying to find some outlet for the little things running around frantically in her head. Wrote in my journal, played the guitar, played around on photoshop (and ended up with a rather disturbing photo-illustration. woke up and though "wtf?" when I looked at it in the morning light.) Then tried one more time to lay still under the sheets, only to have my stomach start itching with hunger. "It will go away" I think, and lay there for 15 minutes before finally giving in, getting up (again) and eating some bread and butter. There, that does the trick. Now I finally lay quiet and go down easy. (3 am. Not as bad as it could have been...)
(Other times when I can't sleep I take picture after picture after picture with the camera...)

Now for you viewing pleasure (because OF COURSE you want to see this), my tired eyes: (ironically, I took this pic after a night where I actually GOT a good night's sleep, but was still very tired!)
tired eyes

9 comments:

Elizabeth-W said...

I see zero wrinkles. :D

galen dara said...

:) oh the're there alright... but my real problem is puffyness (which didnt show up so much in this pic)

galen dara said...

full disclosure: I only post pics of myself that (at least relatively) downplay my less desirable attributes.

I have plenty of pics with bags and wrinkles... and those down't see the light of public pixels.

Jessica Steed said...

You have great eyebrows, btw!

galen dara said...

aw thanks jess! (that's not their natural shape- their natural shape is an rectangle a half an inch wide :)

The Numismatist said...

psst.. don't tell anyone, but I lessen my wrinkles and age spots in Photoshop. I also remove zits from kids. My sister who has had two face lifts, no way. Her wrinkles are left sharp. I'm awful.

Insomnia? Ever try meditation?

galen dara said...

hahahahaha!
I won't tell... i do the same thing. Hey, the camera is NOT kind to me, I do what I can.

"My sister who has had two face lifts, no way. Her wrinkles are left sharp"
LOL!!! :)

The Numismatist said...

shhhh.. I also darken grays, liquidate jowls and whiten teeth. Unfortunately, not too good with eliminating the effects of the many pieces of cheesecake that I've consumed in the past. Also, a little gausian blur never hurt!

I can have many new cameras for the price of two face lifts, and without the pain! My daughter didn't lovingly dub me "the fountainhead of bitchy-ness for no reason. *evil laughter*

galen dara said...

yep yep yep! surface blur is my fav. and so is the spot-healing tool.

(and yes... I liquify, but judiciously, of course! :)